Why is peace so hard? she said & I said peace is easy.
Keeping our mouths shut is hard.

~ Brian Andreas







Wednesday, March 14, 2012

so much for that walk...

Since the hubber was off yesterday and he likes to get out of the house I never got my walk in. By the time we got home it was too late - we needed to eat first.
We headed out towards the coast and ended up driving up into Maine. Just going along. Stopped in a Marden's (surplus type store). They had a great deal on yarn and I sooooo wanted to get some but I have a bad habit of good intentions. :p I need to use some of my stuff up first. I wish I had someone who would knit sweaters for me because then I would have gone to town! I know how to knit but just beginner like. Not making sweaters or anything.
OH! (I knew I had something else to mention and couldn't remember, but it came to me!) I picked up a bunch of seed packs at KMart yesterday. We were just browsing around the store when I saw the display and it was buy 1 get 1 free. So I got 8 packs for $7 and change. And then what I already have at home - I'm not buying a single plant this year! Wish me luck. hahaha! I want to make raised beds, but it'd be expensive so I think I'm stuck with my regular garden area. I have some wood in the shed I may be able to make 1 or 2 small beds that are not in my garden plot. Last year I just used paper bags of dirt and compost on the ground. I'm going to have to do some good plotting and planning this year, and I need to start very soon since now is the time to get some of the stuff in the ground. And some I need to start so they'll be ready to transplant in mid-May.

No comments: