Why is peace so hard? she said & I said peace is easy.
Keeping our mouths shut is hard.

~ Brian Andreas







Friday, March 30, 2012

awesome thing happened to me today...

I was in Michaels looking to use up the last of my gift card with a coupon. They had bigwigs in today. One says hi and asks if I'm working on a craft project. No, just buying something with a coupon and I need more craft supplies like I need another hole in the head. LOL So I'm looking around and then I'm in the clearance aisle and they have paper 7 for $1 - open stock and Bazzill. I don't see any Bazzill though. I saw the guy again and I asked him if he knew if they were getting rid of the Bazzill or if it was just certain colors. He says let me go check and comes back from the office and hands me an envelope and says here's a $10 gift card for you. He said one of the ladies told him I'm in there a lot. I had to have been glowing as I said, 'wow, thanks!'

I had to go home and get son to drop off at college and stop at the grocery store. Then at home I took a quick shower and made myself fit for public since I wasn't really the first time I was out (I stopped in after dropping hubby off at work.) I grabbed a thank you card I had already made and wrote a note inside and drove back to Michaels hoping they hadn't left yet. I gave him the envelope and told him it was a thank you card and he said I didn't have to do that. I hope my small gesture of appreciation made his day!

I am 'splurging' the gc on a home decor thing next time I go in with a coupon. I picked it up and put it down like 3 times because even half off, it'd be $9. So after I was given the gc, I decided it would be a treat for me from Michaels. I can't wait to get it! Here's a pic taken with my phone's camera (and not a fancy one either LOL). It's going to go on the mantel of my electric fireplace. I'm going to get my little lighthouses and sanddollars that have been packed away in the shed. Hello, summer!

No comments: