Why is peace so hard? she said & I said peace is easy.
Keeping our mouths shut is hard.

~ Brian Andreas







Monday, December 26, 2011

Being agnostic....

doesn't mean you are anti-religion or anything else of the like. It simply means that you don't know what to believe. You are not for or against either side. It's a lot of devil's advocate (har har) because you can argue with an atheist and argue with religious followers. Religious people argue with EACH OTHER of the same religion for crying out loud. Do you know how that makes it even harder? I think it's great that some people have such faith. I'm not against that. But don't get pissy at me because I point out the problem with things you are saying. It is perfectly okay with me if you celebrate Christmas as a birthday. I have a problem with saying that IS what it is, as if it is fact and everything else is false. That's bullshit. Just like I think it's bull when some Christians want to say Mormons, Jehovah's, Christian Scientists, and probably others are not Christian. Just because you think so, doesn't make it so and I will stick up for them when someone says otherwise.
If you're going to bring up religion, then don't expect everyone to agree with you. Or to keep quiet.

No comments: