Why is peace so hard? she said & I said peace is easy.
Keeping our mouths shut is hard.

~ Brian Andreas







Friday, February 3, 2012

I love me!

Ok, not really. And if you don't come by it by nature or nurture, it's a bit hard to love yourself just the way you are. It's easy to find what's wrong with yourself and a lot more difficult to find the 'good stuff'. I love quotes in general, but I love quotes that are related to self-esteem because (and is this an oxymoron or something?) they are a little nudge that says you are worthy.

Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are. ~Malcolm S. Forbes

I've been looking forward to this month's word because loving myself is something that has often eluded me most of my life and something I still need to work on. Last year I came across a quote and made a layout to tell myself something I need to hear.


This was a layout I did back in 2008. One of my dear friends online sent me the quote. She said she found it and thought of me. Not all gifts come wrapped. :) *sniff sniff*


I found this great site of self esteem quotes and I'm thinking of making a mini album. We'll see. Here's a great poem I found on the site to end this post with.

Only You ~ Dan Coppersmith

No one on Earth
Exists quite like you
And no one is able
To do what you do

The person you are
The talents you bear
Gifts that only
You can share

Only you have learned
From the things you’ve done
Gaining perspective
From the battles you’ve won

Times when you’ve lost
Have been priceless too
The lessons contribute
To what makes you you

The rest of the world
Can’t see through your eyes
Which is why your insight
May be such a prize

Because you are you
There are lives you affect
Much more than you
Would ever expect

The things you do
The things you say
Send ripples throughout
The Milky Way

You’re unique, amazing
Like no one else
You have the exclusive
On being yourself.

No comments: