Why is peace so hard? she said & I said peace is easy.
Keeping our mouths shut is hard.

~ Brian Andreas







Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Slow and steady...

So I'm trying to get my bedroom/scrap area and closet in some semblance of decent order. It's a very slow process for me because I don't like getting rid of anything that could be craft-related in any way, shape, or form. LOL
I got 4 bins for under my bed at Target on sale for $5 each. 3 I put fabric in and one has yarn. Unfortunately, no matter what container I choose (under bed or a box type to go on a shelf), all my yarn doesn't fit in. So right now I have 2 things with yarn. And a third one - a CraftStor tote (different colors) I've had for 18 years. It has the yarn and afghan I'm working on for my sister. I need to really work on it and get it done. I just wish I knew for sure what hook I had used! I'm giving away a grocery bag full of yarn. Some of the yarn I have hubby had picked up for free from someone giving it away. Last night I spent a lot of time winding yarn into a ball - I had to untangle it. At one time I had wrapped the skein around a piece of chipboard and it had started falling off the sides causing a bit of a problem when trying to wind the yarn into a ball off the cardboard.
I think I will see if I can sell some of my fabric on Craigslist. The spring-colored twills I doubt I'll turn into shorts or pants. Some of them are 2 full yards. I basically just want to get the money back I paid out, which was a bargain.

2 comments:

TR said...

Craigslist is a good idea. I wish I would have thought of that for some of my fabric I just gave to goodwill. : ?

Chris said...

Sometimes I think being able to sew is not such a good thing. I have a large stash of fabric and I measured, rolled and labeled, with the intention of giving some to Goodwill, but with each piece, I could see some fabulous piece of clothing, so back it went in it's labeled box. Then there are those who think sewing or altering their clothes is no work at all for me! This includes family and friends.
I've learned to say no, but haven't yet learned to get rid of fabric.